The American Cinematheque has announced their schedule for this year’s annual Festival of Fantasy, Horror & Science-Fiction, which will be screening at both the Egyptian and the Aero Theatre. The fest starts on August 2 and continues through August 26..
- The week-long debut engagement of TRAPPED ASHES, an anthology horror film featuring contributions from Joe Dante (THE HOWLING), Sean Cunninham (FRIDAY THE 13TH), and Ken Russell (THE DEVILS).
- GHOST SON, the newest film from director Lamberto Bava, and SHOCK, the last film from the late, great Mario Bava.
- Roger Vadim’s BLOOD AND ROSES (based on Sheridan LeFanue’s “Carmilla”) and KISS OF THE VAMPIRE
- Ken Russell’s THE DEVILS, plus BLOOD ON SATAN’S CLAW.
- A Peter Lorre double bill of THE BEAT WITH FIVE FINGES and MAD LOVE. Thursday, August 9 at 8:00pm
- ZEDER, director Pupi Avati’s atypical Italian zombie flick that de-emphasizes the gore in favor of a creepy, metaphysical conspiracy story.
- THESE ARE THE DAMNED, Joseph Losey’s excellent sci-fi tale of a secret government project traiing radiated children to survive a nuclear holocaust.
- The U.S. debut of ULTRAMAN MEBIUS AND ULTRA BROTHERS
- INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS – the 1956 original.
- A double bill of 20,000 LEAGUES UNDER THE SEA and THE MYSTERIOUS ISLAND
- “A Gathering of the Ghouls,” live performances in the Egyptian Theatre courtyard on Saturday, August 18 at 9:00pm