Aliens are about to overrun the Egyptian Theatre! After a long refurbishment, American Cinematheque will be celebrating the venerable venue’s grand reopening with a screening of Alien, which premiered at the theatre way back on Friday, May 25, 1979. This will be followed by two screenings of Aliens. Both films are co-presented by Beyond Fest.
Other upcoming horror, fantasy, and science fiction titles are Alphaville, Scott Pilgrim vs. the World, 2001: A Space Odyssey, and Nope. The latter two films are part of an Ultra Cinematheque 70: Hollywood series of 70mm screenings, which also includes The Wild Bunch, West Side Story, and Lawrence of Arabia.
The complete schedule of genre films is:
- Alien: November 10 at 10:15pm
- Alphaville: November 11 at 3pm
- Scott Pilgrim vs. the World: November 12 at 7pm & 10:45pm
- 2001: A Space Odyssey: November 17 & 21 at 7:30pm (70mm)
- Nope: November 18 at 3pm (70mm)
- Aliens: November 18 & 22 (70mm, members only)
The Egyptian Theatre is located at 6712 Hollywood Boulevard in Hollywood. Tickets to regular screenings are $10 for members and $15 for non-members. 70mm screening tickets are $12 for members and $17 for non-members. Find the full Egyptian schedule here.