Location: Hollywood Forever Cemetery, 6000 Santa Monica Boulevard, Hollywood, CA 90038 Phone: (323) 469-1181
Link out: Click here
Date: Saturday, October 11
Hours: Tours depart every 20 minutes, from 10am to noon
Description: The Art Deco Society's annual tour of Hollywood Forever Cemetery returns, bringing the ghost of the silver screen back to life. An interesting alternative to other Halloween events in Los Angeles, this tour is more historical than horrific; the lengthy stroll offers a fascinating overview of the cemetery's most famous residents (Cecil B. Demille, Marion Davies, Tyrone Power, Vampira, John Huston), some of whom are brought to life by actors in costume, including film historian Karie Bible as the mysterious Woman in Black, said to haunt the grave of Rudolph Valentino.
Price: current ticket information is not available, but last year's price was $20 for general admission, free to ADSLA members.
Parking: Park inside the cemetery gates.
The Art Deco Society’s Living History Cemetery Tour lasts approximately two-and-a-half hours. Wear comfortable shoes and a hat. Sunscreen or an umbrella might be advisable, depending on the weather. Bottled water is recommended.
- The Living History Cemetery Tour is not currently listed on the Art Deco Society's website, but it is listed on CemeteryTour.Com.
- The Living History Cemetery Tour is different from the Cemetery of the Stars Tour, hosted by Karie Bible throughout the year at Hollywood Forever Cemetery.
More in this series:
- Art Deco Living History Cemetery Tour 2014
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery Walking Tour 2014 review
- Hollywood Forever Cemetery Photographs