Don't miss this rare complete screening of the 1943 serial. Portraying Batman's efforts to rid Gotham of a Japanese spy ring, the work sheds light on how comic book heroes were employed to advance war propaganda and fuel racial stereotyping (1943, 260 min. No MPAA rating.)
Note: This fifteen-episode screening will be divided into two segments:
Catch the first two hours and twenty minutes of the serial beginning at 11:00 a.m. After an hour-long lunch break, catch the last two hours of the serial beginning at 2:30 p.m.
Ticket fee includes admission to both segments of the complete screening. Please check in at 10:30-11:00 a.m. if you wish to catch the first and/or second screening, or at 2:00-2:30 p.m. if you wish to see only the second screening.
Batman (1943) is presented in conjunction with:
ZAP! POW! BAM! The Superhero: The Golden Age of Comic Books, 1938–1950.
More in this series:
- Zap! Pow! Bam! The Superhero: The Golden Age of Comic Books at Skirball
- Comic Book Heroes of Film and Television
- Batman (1943) flapping into Skirball Center
- Superman Rarities to screen at Skirball Center
- Supergirl flying to Skirball Center
- Superman (1978) returns - at Skirball Center
- Batman (1966) at Skirball
- Supergirl (1984) - Trailer
- Superman at Skirball