Sorry, the headline here is a bit of a bad pun. You may think it means that Disneyland is expanding the scope and scale of its annual Halloween Time attraction for 2015; however, we quite literally mean that Disneyland is expanding the amount of time devoted to the Halloween season. Okay, so it's not that funny; nevertheless, it has the advantage of being true.
As we have been wont to observe, from year to year the Halloween season seems to inexorably expand. Leading this charge is Disneyland Halloween Time, which has always launched in mid-September, a week or two before other Halloween Theme Parks unleash their phantoms on the public. That launch date seems to creep forward every year, from the 15th to the 14th to the 13th, etc. In 2014, Halloween Time began on September 12; this year, it will open on September 11. Not only that: Halloween Time will add a day to the end of its schedule, running until November 1 instead of October 31.
The event itself will be much the same as in the past, with a Halloween overlay added to the usual attractions of the Magic Kingdom, as enumerated on the official website:
- Celebrate the season with the Haunted Mansion Holiday, brought to you by Jack Skellington, from Tim Burton's The Nightmare Before Christmas, and the residents of Halloween Town.
- Escape the clutches of freaky phantasms as you are launched to a haunted section of the universe on Space Mountain Ghost Galaxy.
- Drop in for ghostly encounters and hair-raising thrills at The Twilight Zone Tower of Terror.
Take a spooky stroll down Main Street, U.S.A., which is transformed into a Pumpkin Festival with hundreds of hand-carved pumpkins on display—and no two alike.
- Observe Dia de los Muertos with a traditional skeleton display in Frontierland.
- Discover the thrills and chills of the Disneyland Resort on the Disney’s Happiest Haunts Tourthat takes you on lively adventures through Disneyland Park.
- Mickey’s Halloween Party at Disneyland Park: Trick-or-treat and enjoy ear-y entertainment at one of the most anticipated special events of the season.