Farewell to Haunted By Memories Manor (Updated)
2022 Update: On September 18, Haunted by Memories Manor announced they will present a yard display this Halloween.
What will in all likelihood be the final manifestation of Haunted By Memories Manor takes place tonight. The proprietors have regretfully decided to retire their lovely little South El Monte home haunt because the arduous physical effort that goes into it has become too big a strain.
Consequently, this year’s version lacks the impressive maze through the garage seen in the past. Fortunately, the yard display is itself a walk-through, allowing visitors to step off the sidewalk and explore the graveyard up close. Though scaled back, the presentation feels packed with details that make it a satisfying farewell effort, especially because of the opportunity to weave through the gravestones and other decorations.
Haunted by Memories Manor is open from 7pm to 9pm on Sunday, Halloween Night. The address is 9911 Alesia Street, South El Monte, 91733. Check for any updates on their Facebook page.
There are several other yard haunts worth visiting in the San Gabriel Valley. You can find them on the SoCal Haunts page for Los Angeles and Beyond.
More: Halloween Odyssey 2021
- Video: Evils of the London Fog at Rotten Apple 907
- Halloween Yard Haunt Odyssey 2021: Verdugos & San Gabriel Valley
- Halloween 2021 Video: Beware the Dark Realm
- Video Interview: Coffinwood Cemetery
- Halloween Odyssey 2021: Inland Empire Yard Haunts
- Video: Reichland Asylum & Disney-fied Yard Haunts
- Halloween Odyssey 2021: Orange County Yard Haunts
- Halloween Odyssey 2021: San Fernando Valley Yard Haunts
- Halloween Yard Haunt Odyssey 2022: San Fernando Valley