For Halloween 2016, Los Angeles-based Frights-Feast-Film is launching their inaugural season of outdoor horror movie screenings. The month-long series takes place on four Saturday evenings, featuring classic fear films, guests, panels, trivia contests, vendors, food trucks, and independent short films by local film makers. The season kicks off with a 30-year anniversary screening of Aliens, featuring a Q&A with actress Carrie Henn (who played Newt).
The complete schedule is:
- James Cameron’s Aliens (1986) on Saturday, October 8th
- Bride of Frankenstein/Creature from Black Lagoon on Saturday, October 15th
- John Carpenter’s The Thing (1982) on Saturday, October 22
- John Carpenter’s Halloween (1978) on Saturday, October 29
“We really wanted to come out swinging in our first year, so it was important to put together a strong line-up of horror films and I think that we accomplished that,” says Frights-Feast-Film co-owner Nick Griffo.
All screenings take place at the Eagle Rock Recreation Park: 1100 Eagle Vista Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90041, near North Figueroa Street and the 134 Freeway. Three Metro bus lines run along Colorado Boulevard, about two blocks from the park.
Doors open at 5pm. Movies screen at 7:30pm.
Ticket prices are:
- General Admission: $12 in advance, $15 at the door
Reserved Section : $17 in advance, $20 at the door
Guests are advised to bring blankets, low-backed chairs,flashlights, dogs (on leash), and a picnic (or they can purchase holiday-influenced meals from food trucks and vendors).
Frights Feast Film also suggests that you adopt a rescued pet from the Watts Project (part of No-Kill Los Angeles).
Get more info at the event’s official website.
More in this series:
- Frights-Feast-Film Halloween 2016 Screenings
- Aliens (1986) with Carrie Henn
- Bride of Frankenstein & Creature from the Black Lagoon
- John Carpenter's The Thing (1982)
- John Carpenter's Halloween (1978)
- Win tickets to see Aliens with actress Carrie Henn in person!
- Reminder: Enter by Friday to win Aliens tickets