Cinespia Halloween Cemetery Screenings
Cinepsia’s outdoor presentation provides picture and sound quality that are surprisingly good for a popup event. Their Halloween horror screenings have the obvious advantage of being set in an extremely atmospheric graveyard.
- Ghostbusters (1984) at Hollywood Forever Cemetery on September 17 at 8pm
- The Craft LA State Historic Park on October 14 at 7:15pm
- John Carpenter’s The Thing at Hollywood Forever Cemetery on October 15 at 7:15pm
- Carrie (1976) at Hollywood Forever Cemetery on October 22 at 7:15pm
- Bram Stoker’s Dracula at the Los Angeles Theatre on October 29 at 9pm. Vampire costumes or gothic glamor formal attire are required for this special event, which transforms the venue into a gothic wonderland, with DJ and full bars.
Gates open 1:45 prior to screening.
Cinespia Screenings Info
Cinespia screens films in the Hollywood Forever Cemetery and other outdoor venues throughout the year, turning toward the horror genre in October. Screenings include food and drink options at a popup grill, but guests are welcome to bring their own picnic basket. Seating is on the grass; bring blankets or low lawn chairs. A DJ spins tunes, and there is a photo booth.
The annual Halloween series was cancelled in 2020 because of the Covid-19 pandemic, but Cinespia resumed outdoor events the following year.
For more October horror screenings, visit our page devoted to Halloween Cinema.