Old Town Music Haunt
During October, Old Town Music Hall turns into Old Town Music Haunt, offering month-long festival of Halloween Horror Movie Screenings with an emphasis on black-and-white classics, including silent films; the schedule heavily favors Universal horror movies from the 1930s and 1940s. The main feature is preceded by live music played on the venue’s Mighty Wurlitzer pipe organ, an audience sing-along, and a comedy short. Silent films feature live accompaniment.
Old Town Music Hall screens classic films year round, occasionally mixing in fantasy and science fiction titles.
Old Town Music Hall
140 Richmond Street
Check out our page devoted to Halloween Cinema.
2021 Update: Back in action. After closing during the 2020 pandemic, Old Town Music Hall has reopened and resurrected its annual Halloween-themed Old Town Music Haunt for October, featuring classic black-and-white horror movies.
Dates & Hours: Saturdays & Sundays in October, starting at 2:30 & 7pm
Tickets: $10-12 for reserved seats, online purchases now available
Old Town Music Haunt 2021 Schedule:
- The Black Cat – October 2
- Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein – October 3
- The Wolf Man – October 9 (7pm only)
- Bride of Frankenstein – October 10
- The Mummy – October 16
- The Invisible Man – October 17
- Dracula – October 23 (English-language version with Bela Lugosi)
- Dracula – October 24 (Spanish-language version with Carlos Villarias)
- Frankenstein – October 30
- The Phantom of the Opera – October 31 (silent version with live musical accompaniment)
Old Town Music Hall Archive
Check out past articles about Old Town Music Haunt and other events at Old Town Music Hall…