2134 Elizondo Avenue
Simi Valley, CA 93065
2019 Dates & Hours: To Be Announced, usually October 30 & 31, 6:30pm to 10pm
- Last-Minute Halloween Recommendations: Torrance & Simi Valley
- Halloween Haunt Odyssey: Granada Hills, North Hills, Simi Valley
- 2014 Halloween Haunt Award Nominees: Best Amateur Haunted House Walk-Through
- Halloween Haunt Odyssey 2014: Simi Valley and Thousand Oaks
- 2014 Halloween Yard Haunts Itinerary: Simi Valley & Thousand Oaks
Hellizondo Haunt History
After several years as a decorated yard, the Helizondo Haunt offered its first themed haunt in 2007 with Haunted Tiki Island, which lasted a few year. The haunt expanded every year, adding animatronics in 2008 and a maze in 2009. In 2010 the theme changed to Carnival of Risk, which lasted a few years. 2013 saw the debut of Scabtree Hollow, which took visitors back to the days of witch hunts; the theme returned in 2014 and 2015, with a small village simulated in the driveway - a nice addition to the walk-through maze in the yard. 2017's theme was Lost Spirits of the Bayou. For 2018 The Haunt at Hellizondo presented The Crossroads, set in New Orleans during prohibition, when would-be drinkers may have had to sell their souls for a drink.
Hollywood Gothique Says:
An elaborate home haunt, located on a corner lot with plenty of room for “indoor” and outdoor settings, loaded with custom-made props and decorations. The short walk-through maze is haunted by monsters of various shapes and sizes, who pop out of cleverly situated hiding place, their species shifting from year to year depending the theme.