1313 S. Disneyland Drive, Anaheim, CA 92802
- Halloween Time: September 6 to October 31 during regular park hours, typically 8am to midnight
- Oogie Boogie's Bash: A Disney Halloween Party: select nights from September 17 through October 31
- Halloween Time: included with regular admission prices for entry to the Disneyland and Disney California Adventure.
- Oogie Boogie's Bash (separate admission required): Prices start at $110.
It has become an annual tradition during the October season, with the Enchanted Kingdom transforming itself into a haunted theme park (family-friendly, of course), with the traditional Disney characters attired in costumes to show the spirit of the season. All the usual Disneyland Resort rides and attractions are open, but with an extra special Halloween spin. Your favorite Disney characters are on display in seasonal costumes, and surprises lurk around every corner. The usual rides and attractions are open, some of them modified for the season.
Halloween Time attractions include:
- Disney California Adventure Park: Oogie Boogie's Bash (select nights), Guardians of the Galaxy - Monsters After Dark, Mater's Graveyard JamBOOree, Luigi's Honkin' Haul-O-Ween, and Costumed Cars Crash
- Disneyland: Haunted Mansion Holiday, Halloween Screams (select nights), and Main Street Pumpkin Festival
Halloween Time Tricks & Treats:
Disneyland offers special Halloween merchandise for sale, including collectible pins, costumes based on your favorite Disney and Pixar characters, pumpkin-head mouse ears, candy baskets, and more. Seasonal food is available in the form of Gingerbrad Pumpkin Cooies, Cream Topped Pumpkin Muffins, and Pumpkin King Mousse Tarts.
Halloween Time Drawbacks:
This is basically a Halloween opportunity for parents with children who don’t want to be too frightened. Although fun, Disneyland's Haunted Mansion is not really scary; the Tower of Terror may be terrifying, but it is basically a thrill ride, not a traditional Halloween attraction. So it’s not exactly what most enthusiasts expect from a Halloween attraction. Still, you can console yourself with a trip on the Pirates of the Caribbean.
Halloween Time History
Before Oogie Boogie muscled him out of the Halloween festivities, Micky Mouse presented his own Halloween party. On select nights in October, Disneyland Resort offered this private costume party in Disneyland, where little ghosts and goblins could join their favorite Disney characters for Halloween-style fun, including the Haunted Mansion, trick-or-treating, a dance party with live music, a costume parade, photo ops with the Disney Villains, fireworks, and games. Mickey's Trick-or-Treat Party required a separate ticket.