Looking for great Los Angeles Halloween Events? This page offers a categorical listing of major seasonal attractions in Los Angeles County and the surrounding south land: theme parks, multi-haunt attractions, professional haunted houses, amateur yard haunts and garage haunts, costume parades, parties, and Halloween harvest festivals. Many are open throughout October.
Los Angeles Halloween Events by Category
There are so many different kinds of Los Angeles Halloween Events that we have tried to organize them into clearly defined categories. These categories should facilitate searching for a particular kind of event. Those who want to see everything can check out A Halloween Haunts Master List, which aggregates entries from all categories in alphabetical order. Otherwise, scroll down to the categories below.
Hopefully, these categories are self-explanatory, but in case there is any confusion, we have included definitions near the bottom of this page.
Defining Los Angeles Halloween Events
Defining Los Angeles Halloween Events can be a bit tricky (e.g., if you walk through a haunted house with actors performing written dialogue, does that qualify as a maze or a play?) Before scrolling down to the category links lower on this page, the following definitions may help explain why each haunt is in a particular category.
- Theme Park Halloween Attractions: year-round entertainment centers that put on special Halloween events during October, usually involving multiple haunted mazes. Click here for our recommendations about which ones to attend.
- Halloween Mazes & Rides: seasonal Halloween attractions by people who specialize in scaring eager trick-or-treaters.
- Halloween Home Haunts: amateur Halloween haunts , usually decorated yards although some include walk-through mazes similar to professional "haunted houses."
- Halloween Harvest Festivals & Fairs: outdoor events, trick-or-treating, street fairs, and semi-professional Halloween events, put on in churches or community centers.
- Halloween Tours & Shows: cemetery tours, haunted hikes, historical displays, horror movie screenings, and scary plays.
- Children's Halloween Events: events from other categories that are appropriate for younger trick-or-treaters. These may be small Halloween events taking place as a sort of "sideshow" at year-round attractions open for normal business, or they may be full-blown theme park attractions such as Disney's Halloween Time and Legoland's Brick-or-Treat. We also include adult-oriented haunted attractions that feature kid-safe matinee performances.
- Best Los Angeles Halloween Events. The cream of the crop from all the other categories - to show up here, the attraction must be a perennial that has maintained excellent standards for many years.
- Halloween Haunts Gone to the Grave: Attractions that have gone to the great cemetery in the sky (though upon occasion, one may return from the grave)
- Alphabetical Master List of Halloween Events: Everything under one roof, in case you're not sure which category includes what you're looking for.