2018 Dates: As happened in 2017, there will be no Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns installation in Los Angeles this year, though the event will take place in Westbury, New York.
- Halloween Review: Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns 2016
- Get discounts for Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns!
- The Day After Halloween 2015: Those Haunts That Remain
- Last-Minute Halloween 2015 Recommendations
- Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns 2015: Santa Anita Park review
- Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns photo gallery
- Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns will haunt 2 L.A. locations for Halloween 2015
- 2014 Halloween Haunt Award Nominees: Best Professional Display or Ride
- Halloween Review: Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns 2014
View a multitude of hand-carved pumpkins while taking a stroll through this unusual Halloween event: a one-third-mile outdoor trail of elaborate displays providing fun for the entire family. The event is as much an art exhibition as a tour, with over 5,000 Jack O'Lanterns arranged in themed installations over the course of a one-third mile trail, accompanied by original music. The Jack O’Lantern carvings feature traditional Halloween imagery, celebrities, and a variety of themes: city skylines, movie and television stars, skeletons, and mythical creatures. The atmosphere is old-school Halloween fun, sometimes spooky but never scary. There are no mechanical pop-scares or costumed actors, just gorgeous sights and sounds.
Viewing the displays can take anywhere from 45 to 75 minutes, depending on how long one pauses to gaze in wonder. A limited number of tickets is sold for each night, to prevent over-crowding. Tickets are sold in advance only, valid for specific dates and times, with groups allowed in at fifteen-minute intervals.
Rise of the Jack O’Lanterns first launched in Long Island, New York. Its success led to openings in Los Angeles and San Diego. In 2015, Rise of the Jack O'Lanterns expanded to two locations in Los Angeles. Since 2017, the event has taken place only in New York.