Scary Good Fun!
Hollywood Gothique Says:
Rotten Apple 907’s annual home haunt is a great way for families and friends to enjoy Halloween in Los Angeles. The walk-through maze delivers just the right combination of scares and laughs – always enjoyable, never disturbing. The amazing sets and clever effects create an impressively immersive experience that rivals professional Halloween attractions.
User Review( vote)
907 N. California Street
Burbank, CA 91505
2018 Hours: 7-10pm
2018 Theme: Killppetto's Toy Shop
Check out the Rotten Apple 907 Archive.
Rotten Apple 907 History
In operation since 1990, this amateur Halloween attraction by "Rotten Apple Studios" is a little bit scary and very entertaining. More than a decorated yard, Rotten Apple 907 home haunt features an extensive walk-through maze that takes visitors through several separate rooms. In its early days, the props and decor tended to be store-bought items; in recent years, there has been a clear trend toward customized settings and effects, as the haunt features a new, original theme every Halloween.
Expect a good combination of scares and laughs, along with some amazing sets and clever effects. For example 2005's haunted house featured a zombie endlessly walking on a treadmill while moaning for "Brains! Brains" - obviously inspired by Dan O'Bannon's 1985 film RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. IN 2012 and 2013, there was an entire upside down room guaranteed to make you dizzy.
Despite its professional-level quality, Rotten Apple 907 home haunt is free to trick-or-treaters. The haunt does accept donations to benefit charities.
Previous of Rotten Apple Haunts
- 2017: The Portal
- 2016:The Not So Enchanted Forest
- 2015: Rotten Apple Hollow
- 2014: The demented Wilsley Brothers returned with the Wilsley Bros House of Fun.
- 2012 and 2013: The Haunted Wilsley Manor
- 2011: A Space Oddessy offered a journey to the Beyond Frontier Earth Space Resort
- 2010: Nightmare at the Museum
- 2009: Burbank Underground
- 2008: A twisted take on the WIZARD OF OZ
- 2007: Malice in Wonderland
- 2006: Vampmont Village
- 2005: The Haunted Meyers Estate