2134 Elizondo Avenue
Simi Valley, CA 93065
2018 Dates & Hours: October 30 & 31, 6:30pm to 10pm
For 2018 The Haunt at Hellizondo presents The Crossroads, which sounds like an extension of 2017's "Lost Spirits of the Bayou," set in New Orelans during prohibition, when would-be drinkers may have had to sell their souls for a drink.
- Last-Minute Halloween Recommendations: Torrance & Simi Valley
- Halloween Haunt Odyssey: Granada Hills, North Hills, Simi Valley
- 2014 Halloween Haunt Award Nominees: Best Amateur Haunted House Walk-Through
- Halloween Haunt Odyssey 2014: Simi Valley and Thousand Oaks
- 2014 Halloween Yard Haunts Itinerary: Simi Valley & Thousand Oaks
- The Haunt at Hellizondo: Witches of Scabtree Hollow
- 2013 Halloween Yard Haunts Itinerary: Simi Valley & Thousand Oaks
- 2012 Halloween Yard Haunts opening on October 31
- 2012 Halloween Recommendations: Best Los Angeles Yard Haunts
Hellizondo Haunt History
After several years as a decorated yard, the Helizondo Haunt offered its first themed haunt in 2007 with Haunted Tiki Island, which lasted a few year. The haunt expanded every year, adding animatronics in 2008 and a maze in 2009. In 2010 the theme changed to Carnival of Risk, which lasted a few years. 2013 saw the debut of Scabtree Hollow, which took visitors back to the days of witch hunts; the theme returned in 2014 and 2015, with a small village simulated in the driveway - a nice addition to the walk-through maze in the yard. 2017's theme was Lost Spirits of the Bayou.
Hollywood Gothique Says:
An elaborate home haunt, located on a corner lot with plenty of room for “indoor” and outdoor settings, loaded with custom-made props and decorations. The short walk-through maze is haunted by monsters of various shapes and sizes, who pop out of cleverly situated hiding place, their species shifting from year to year depending the theme.