907 N. California Street, Burbank, CA 91505
2016 DATES & Hours: October 22-23, 29-31, 7-10pm
2016 Theme: The Not So Enchanted Forest
In operation since 1990, this amateur home haunt by “Rotten Apple Studios” is a little bit scary and very entertaining. More than a decorated yard, Rotten Apple 907 features an extensive walk-through maze that takes you through several separate rooms. In its early days, the props and decor tended to be store-bought items; in recent years, there has been a clear trend toward customized settings and effects, as the haunt features a new, original theme every Halloween.
Expect a good combination of scares and laughs, along with some amazing sets and clever effects. For example 2005’s haunt featured a zombie endlessly walking on a treadmill while moaning for “Brains! Brains” – obviously inspired by Dan O’Bannon’s 1985 film RETURN OF THE LIVING DEAD. IN 2012 and 2013, there was an entire upside down room guaranteed to make you dizzy.
Despite its professional-level quality, Rotten Apple 907 is free to trick-or-treaters. The haunt does accept donations to benefit charities.
- Halloween Haunt Awards 2016: The Winners
- HHA 2016: Best Amateur Halloween Haunted House Walk-Through
- HHA 2016: Best Monster
- Rotten Apple 2016 Haunter's Night
- Halloween Review: Rotten Apple's Not So Enchanted Forest
- Halloween Horror, Backwoods Mazes, Rotten Apples, and the Advantage of Being Jaded
- Rotten Apple Hollow: Review & Video
- Rotten Apple reveals dates & theme for Halloween 2015
- 2014 Halloween Haunt Award Nominees: Best Amateur Haunted House Walk-Through
- Halloween Haunt Odyssey 2014: From Santa Clarita to Burbank
- The Day After Halloween 2014: Those Haunts That Remain
HISTORY OF ROTTEN APPLE 907 HAUNTS:
- 2015: Rotten Apple Hollow
- 2014: The demented Wilsley Brothers returned with the Wilsley Bros House of Fun.
- 2012 and 2013: The Haunted Wilsley Manor
- 2011: A Space Oddessy offered a journey to the Beyond Frontier Earth Space Resort
- 2010: Nightmare at the Museum
- 2009: Burbank Underground
- 2008: A twisted take on the WIZARD OF OZ
- 2007: Malice in Wonderland
- 2006: Vampmont Village
- 2005: The Haunted Meyers Estate