On the way to the Santa Monica Zombie Crawl last night, Hollywood Gothique stopped at Wicked Pumpkin Hollow yard haunt in Sherman Oaks. This family-friendly Halloween display features dozens of hand-carved Jack O'Lanterns in a simulated cornfield, with skeletons, a scarecrow, and a formidable pumpkin-headed figure - all wrapped in a layer of oozing fog that clings to the ground with quite a realistic effect.
Wicked Pumpkin Hollow is located 5421 Wortser Avenue, about ten minutes away east of two other Sherman Oaks home haunts: the Van Oaks Cemetery yard haunt (5822 Norwich Avenue) and Spooky Saloma (5635 Saloma Avenue). All three continue through Halloween Night, offering a convenient triple bill of seasonal decor. Wicked Pumpkin Hollow operates from 7pm to 9:30pm. The website is wickedpumpkinhollow.com.
Photographs copyright 2017 by Yuki Tanaka
More in this series:
- Home Haunt Odyssey 2017: Backwoods Maze & Rotten Apple
- Halloween Home Haunt Odyssey 2017: Wicked Pumpkin Hollow
- Halloween Home Haunt Odyssey 2017: Sherman Oaks Scares
- Halloween Home Haunt Odyssey 2017: Haunted Hill & Haunt with No Name
- Halloween Haunt Odyssey 2017: Opechee, Rosehill, Trick 'r Treat