When Halloween Horror Nights opened at Universal Studios in Hollywood this Friday, October 2, it was preceded by the annual Chiller-Eyegore Awards. 2009’s winners included makeup artist Rick Baker (THE WOLF MAN), director Rob Zombie (HALLOWEEN 2), Tobin Bell (Jigsaw in the SAW franchise), Noah Segan (DEAD GIRL), and Drew Daywalt, who took home Chiller’s Scary Good Film Competition statuette for his short film “Bedfellows.”. Before the ceremony, the winners and guest made the walk down the red carpet, giving interviews to the assembled press. Hollywood Gothique gabbed with John Murdy, the Creative Director behind the theme park’s Halloween attraction, who explained the strategy behind building mazes and scare zones around established film franchises.
Read our Halloween Horror Nights 2009 review. View interviews with the filmmakers, including Rick Baker, at Cinefantastique.
More in this series:
- Halloween Horror Nights 2009 Review
- Halloween Horror Nights 2009 Video: John Murdy Interview
- Halloween Horror Nights 2009 - Terror Tram & Shaun of the Dead Video
- Halloween Horror Nights Video Part 3: My Bloody Valentine & Chucky's Funhouse
- Halloween Horror Nights Video #4: Halloween & Saw