- Halloween Spooktacular at SeaWorld
- Halloween Monster Bash in the Gaslamp Quater
- Scream Zone at Del mar Fairgrounds
- The Haunted Trail at Balboa Park
- The Haunted Hotel
- Mira Mesa Monster Manor
- The Whaley House (This is not, specifically, a Halloween attraction but an allegedly genuine haunted house that's been seen on Travel Channel's AMERICA'S MOST HAUNTED.)
Sounds like there's lots going on. Perhaps some October in the distant future, when we have exhausted all that Los Angeles has to offer, we will make the trip down to San Diego and see how Halloween is celebrated in the city by the sea.