Beyond Fest and the American Cinematheque will present Cronenberg with Cronenberg: A Retrospective of the New Flesh this September at the Egyptian Theatre in Hollywood and the Aero Theatre in Santa Monica. The thirteen-film retrospective will feature Cronenberg himself (his first Los Angeles appearance in a decade), plus special guests.
The festival launches at the Aero Theatre on Thursday, September 27 with a double bill of A HISTORY OF VIOLENCE and EASTERN PROMISES.
Subsequent screenings include:
- Saturday, September 29 at the Egyptian: A quartet of David Cronenberg's early work: SHIVERS, RABID, THE BROOD, and SCANNERS will screen in the morning.
- Saturday, September 29 at the Egyptian: that evening, Cronenberg will appear with composer Howard Shore for a Q&A after DEAD RINGERS, moderated by Mick Garris.
- Sunday, September 30 at the Egyptian: Double bill of THE FLY and NAKED LUNCH with Cronenberg, Shore, and Geena Davis.
- Monday, October 1 at the Egyptian: Double bill of VIDEODROME and EXISTENZ with Cronenberg, Shore, Debbie Harry, and Jennifer Jason Leigh. Director Leigh Whannell will moderate the Q&A between films.
- Thursday, October at the Aero: Double bill of CRASH & SPIDER.
All films will be screened on 35mm film.
Tickets for Cronenberg with Cronenberg: A Retrospective of the New Flesh will be made available for purchase through Fandango starting at 10 a.m. on Saturday, September 1st.
Get more information at the American Cinematheque's website.