Outdoor Halloween art installations will be allowed.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has released guidelines for celebrating Halloween during the Covid-19 pandemic. Restrictions apply to both private and public functions.
Halloween activities that are not permitted are:
- Door to door trick or treating.
- “Trunk or treating” where children go from car to car instead of door to door.
- Gatherings or parties with non-household members even if conducted outdoors.
- Carnivals, festivals, live entertainment, and haunted house attractions.
Permitted Halloween activities are:
- Online parties/contests.
- Car parades that comply with public health guidance for vehicle based parades including: Drive-by events, Drive-through events, and Drive-in events.
- Halloween movie nights at drive in theaters
- Halloween themed meals at outdoor restaurants
- Halloween themed art installations at outdoor museums
- Dressing up homes and yards with Halloween decorations.
Read the complete guidelines below.