L.A. County Department of Public Health releases guidelines for Halloween
Outdoor Halloween art installations will be allowed.
The Los Angeles County Department of Public Health has released guidelines for celebrating Halloween during the Covid-19 pandemic. Restrictions apply to both private and public functions.
Halloween activities that are not permitted are:
- Door to door trick or treating.
- “Trunk or treating” where children go from car to car instead of door to door.
- Gatherings or parties with non-household members even if conducted outdoors.
- Carnivals, festivals, live entertainment, and haunted house attractions.
Permitted Halloween activities are:
- Online parties/contests.
- Car parades that comply with public health guidance for vehicle based parades including: Drive-by events, Drive-through events, and Drive-in events.
- Halloween movie nights at drive in theaters
- Halloween themed meals at outdoor restaurants
- Halloween themed art installations at outdoor museums
- Dressing up homes and yards with Halloween decorations.
Read the complete guidelines below.
Click to access GuidanceHalloween.pdf