The New Beverly Cinema has filled out its October calendar of Halloween horror screenings, which includes a midnight marathon of From Dusk Till Dawn films, along with the annual All-Night Horror Show. In addition, double bill screenings have been added including such titles as Seven; The Ghost Breakers; Squirm; Beetlejuice; Mario Bava's Kill, Baby, Kill; plus double bills of Dracula and Nosferatu The Vampyre (both 1979); and Curse of the Demon and Night of the Living Dead (1968). As if that's not enough, The Exorcist screens at midnight on Saturday, October 10, 17, and 24. You can see the New Beverly's complete calendar here.
This Friday, October 9, affords a rare opportunity to view the From Dusk Till Dawn trilogy, plus Planet Terror in 35mm prints from Quentin Tarantino’s personal collection. The midnight marathon will run into the early hours of the morning, with action and horror from Robert Rodriguez and Quentin Tarantino. Members of the audience will receive a reproduction of the original Japanese program for From Dusk Till Dawn. Note: From Dusk Till Dawn plays again at the New Beverly on Friday, October 16 & 23, at midnight.
On Friday, October 30, the New Beverly Cinema presents another installment of its annual 12-hour marathon, featuring six rare feature films along with trailers, cartoons, and shorts. Titles are not being revealed in advance, so you will just have to buy your ticket and take your chances. Screenings start at 7:30pm. All tickets $20. Advance tickets go on sale online Sunday, October 11 at noon. The Annual All-Night Horror Show tends to sell out, so purchase advance tickets ASAP if you plan to attend.
Finally, on Saturday, October 31 - Halloween Night! - there will be a a "Halloween Night Classic Black & White Horror" double bill of Curse of the Demon (1957), starring Dana Andrews in an atmospheric adaptation of M.R. James "Casting the Runes," directed by Jacques Tourneur, with George A. Romero's original Night of the Living Dead (1968). The screenings begin at 8pm.
All films are presented in 35mm unless otherwise noted in the program notes.
The New Beverly Cinema islocated at 7165 Beverly Boulevard, one block west of La Break, in Los Angeles. The official website is here.
More in this series:
- The Hills Have Eyes 1 & 2
- Alien & Horror Planet
- They Came From Within & The Brood
- Haunted Honeymoon & Nothing But Trouble
- Black Sunday & Castle of Blood
- Mother's Day & Don't Go Into the House
- Day of the Dead & The Crazies
- New Beverly: From Dusk Till Dawn Marathon
- The Exorcist
- Invaders from Mars
- Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein
- What Have You Done to Solange? & What Have They Done to Your Daughters?
- New Beverly Halloween Horror Screenings 2015
- New Beverly's Annual All-Night Horror Show
- New Beverly announces From Dusk to Dawn Marathon and All-Night Horror Show
- Watching Black Sunday & Castle of Blood at the New Beverly