The Rooftop Cinema Club Los Angles will screen over a dozen horror, fantasy, and science fiction films during the month of October, including Evil Dead 2 (pictured at top), The Sixth Sense, Halloween, and Alien.
Screenings are scheduled at two locations, the Neuehouse in Hollywood and Level in downtown Los Angeles. Both are outdoor venues, with panoramic city views, deck chair seating, and wireless headphones to block traffic sounds from overwhelming the soundtrack. The Neuehouse screening area is on the 3rd floor terrace of the Sunset Boulevard location (the former CBS Studios building, built in the 1930). The LEVEL presents films on the rooftop of the downtown apartment block; this location is 18 and over only.
Here is the Halloween screening schedule for both venues:
- October 11 – Hocus Pocus
- October 14 – The Neverending Story
- October 17 – Jurassic Park
- October 26- Hocus Pocus
- October 26- The Witches at 10pm*
- October 28- The Sixth Sense
- October 29- Super 8
- October 30- Evil Dead 2- 4K Restoration
- October 31- Halloween
- October 6 – Close Encounters of the Third Kind
- October 18 – The ‘Burbs
- October 25- What We Do In The Shadows
- October 26- The Silence of the Lambs
- October 27- The Poltergeist
- October 30- Alien
- October 31- The Texas Chain Saw Massacre
All screenings start at 7:30pm unless otherwise noted.* Doors open at 6:30; viewers are invited to arrive early for cocktails, street food and spectacular sunset rooftop views.
Tickets at Level range from $17 for a single lounge seat to $48 for a love seat (double occupancy) with unlimited popcorn; tickets at Neuehouse are a dollar or two more.
Get more information and purchase tickets at Rooftop Cinema Club Los Angeles website.