Location: LA Mart, 1933 Broadway, Los Angeles, CA 90007
Link out: Click here
Description: The first convention dedicated to Halloween makes its debut on the weend of August 10 & 11. Events include panels and presentations on amateur and professional Halloween haunts. Guests include Jason Blum of Blumhouse of Horrors; Bruce Stanton of the Reign of Terror Haunted House; Mike Talarico of The Empty Grave Haunted House; Jeff Schiefelbein of Sinister Pointe Haunted Attraction; John Murder of Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood; and Brooke Walters, Daniel Miller, Adam Hankinson, Jeff Tucker, and Lara Hanneman of the Knotts Berry Farm Hallowen Haunt. Tickets range from $25 to $75.
PANELS & PRESENTATIONS
SATURDAY, AUGUST 10
Classic Home Haunts with Gary Gorb of the Hallowed Haunting Grounds Rick Polizzi of Boney Island, Diane Meyer of Rotten Apple 907, and Jeff Gustafson of the Backwoods Maze. Hosted by yours truly, Steve Biodrowski.
John Murder and Christ Williams on Halloween Horror Nights
Ghosts of Los Angeles
Jason Blum Presentation
Garner Holt on Haunted Attractions and Theme Parks
Bone Yard FX Demonstrations
SUNDAY, AUGUST 11
Tricks and Treats for Little Monsters
Hi-Tech Home Haunts of Southern California
Dia de los Muertos vs Halloween
Secrets of Knotts Scary Farm
Sounds to Make You Shiver
Dead Right Horror Trivia
Single-day tickets are $25 for ‘Scare Seekers,” $45 for “Fear Freaks” (preferred seating and access). Two-day passes are $45 fro Scare Seekers, $75 for Fear Freaks.
More in this series:
- ScareLA Halloween Convention: August 10 & 11
- Hollywood Gothique at ScareLA This Weekend!
- Classic Home Haunts Panel, Part 1: Rick Polizzi of Boney Island
- Classic Home Haunts Panel, Part 2: Diane Meyer of Rotten Apple 907
- Classic Home Haunts Panel, Part 3: Jeff Gustafson of Backwoods Maze
- Classic Home Haunts Panel, Part 4: Jeff Gustafson, Diane Meyer & Rick Polizzi
- ScareLA: Halloween Haunt Interviews