Dates: October 7-9, 14-16, 21-23, and 28-31
- 10:30am to midnight on Fridays and Saturdays (except October 7, which closes at 10pm, and October 8 which closes at 11pm)
- 10:30am to 10:00pm on Sundays; and 10:30am to 10:00pm on Monday, October 31.
Location: Six Flags Magic Mountain, 26101 Magic Mountain Parkway, Valencia, CA 91355
Link out: Click here
Description: The misty Magic Mountaintop beneath the Six Flags once again unfurls its hideous Halloween entertainment for trick-or-treaters both young and old. The frightful festivities begin on October 7 and continue on weekends up to and including Halloween night.
Note: There will be no Six Flags Magic Mountain Fright Fest on Monday, October 10, although the park will be open for daylight hours.
All of the usual rides and attractions are open. During daylight hours there are mild scares at most; the real Halloween delights begin after dark.
Tickets are $61.99 for General Admission, $36.99 for children under 48-inches; children under 2 get in free. There is an additional $10-charge to enter the Halloween mazes (reduced to $8 for season passholders).
There are group ticket discounts, and if you buy in advance there are ways to receive discounts: on the official website, you can purchase a one-day admission for $39.99 or even win two tickets for free. Typically, Burger King offers discount coupons that can be used at the gate.
In the past, the Magic Mountain Fright Fest has fallen a bit short of the competition (i.e., the Knotts Berry Farm Halloween Haunt, Halloween Horror Nights at Universal Studios Hollywood, and the Queen Mary Dark Harbor). However, 2011 looks to be loaded with delightful frights of all sorts:
- 8 Mazes: Cursed (new), Chupacabra (new), The Aftermath (new), the Jokesters Hideout 3D, Willoughby’s Haunted Mansion, Lecter’s Slaughterhouse, Warehouse 13, Bite II.
- Monstertainment: Nightmares – A Twisted Tale (new), Dr. Fright’s CarnEvil (new), Off with Your Head (new), Hypnotist, Gypsy Hollow (new), The Wastelands (new), City Under Siege, Exile Hill, Hillbilly Massacre.
- Spine-Chilling Adventures: Foggy Nights (new), Colossus Backwards, Terror Tracks, X2: Area 19, Thumper Bumbers.