UPDATE: We just received an email from a rep at Criterion Pictures, indicating that this event has not secured the rights to screen the Star Wars films. Fever's page for the The Dark Side: An Immersive Cinematic Experience now states, "This event is no longer available."
Read the original article below...
Starting Friday, the The Dark Side: An Immersive Cinematic Experience will host outdoor screenings of all the Star Wars films in chronological order - the three trilogies, plus Rogue One and Solo. The double bills will be spaced out over three weekends, with each night hosted by one of the characters, such as Darth Vader, Han, etc. Additionally, Saturday screenings will be followed by a "Dark Side Disco Afterparty" featuring 3D projection of scenes from the films, laser lights, and galactic sound effects.
Though billed as an "immersive" experience, the event sounds like outdoor screenings, with a few bonus features, such as the Saturday night dance party. The series will take place at the Outdoor Cocktail Movie Club, which offers movie concessions plus cocktails themed to the movies being screen. Prices start at $39 for "Storm Trooper" tickets (including one cocktail), with options for "Imperial Officer" ($59, including two cocktails) and "Sith Lord" ($79, including two cocktails, appetizers, and seating in an X-Wing style booth). The disco after party is separate admission: $49. All tickets include popcorn.
The complete schedule is listed below:
- November 13: 6:00pm Episode I: The Phantom Menace; 8:30pm Episode II: Attack of the Clones
- November 14: 5:30pm Episode III: Revenge of the Sith; 8:00pm Solo: A Star Wars Story; 10:30pm The Dark Side Disco Afterparty
- November 19: 6:00pm Rogue One; 8:30pm Episode IV: A New Hope
- November 20: 6:00pm Episode V: The Empire Strikes Back; 8:30pm Episode VI: Return of the Jedi
- November 21: 5:30pm Episode VII: The Force Awakens; 8:00pm Episode VIII: The Last Jedi; 10:30pm The Dark Side Disco Afterparty
- November 27: 6:00pm Episode IX: The Rise of Skywalker; 8:30pm Solo: A Star Wars Story
The Dark Side: An Immersive Cinematic Experience is for ages eighteen and up. The address is 1716 Whitley Avenue in Los Angeles. Get more info here.