Tim Burton Exhibition, Closing Weekend
Dates: October 29-31
Hours: opens 1o:00am Saturday & Sunday; open all day Sunday, until midnight on Monday, Halloween Night
Location: Los Angeles County Museum of Art, 5905 Wilshire Boulevard, Los Angeles, CA 90036
Description: To celebrate the final weekend of their Tim Burton Exhibition, the Los Angeles County Museum of Arts presents some fanciful Halloween-themed festivities, including parties, performances, workshops, and screenings.
The exhibition includes a multi-media tour, featuring exclusive video interviews of Burton about his work and what inspires him.
On top of that, the special final weekend activities include:
Saturday, October 29
- Storytelling Performance: Pumpkin Bones, Picnic Stones, and Hallow’s Eve Tales: Design and create props, costumes, and instruments for a participatory storytelling performance where everyone has a role! For families from 12–2 pm.
- 8th Annual Muse Costume Ball: Includes posthumous access to the Tim Burton exhibition as well as California Design, 1930–1965: “Living in a Modern Way”. Live music, performances, and projections from 8:30 pm–12:30 am.
- Conversations in Burton Selects: From LACMA’s Collection: Gallery Educators will facilitate conversations in the special installation Burton Selects: From LACMA’s Collection from 12–4 pm.
Sunday, October 30
- Andell Family Sundays—Tim Burton: What a Character! You and your family will join artist-led workshops to design costumes, make puppets, and put on an impromptu puppet show from 12:30–3:30 pm.
- Film Series: Price-a-thon 100! Just in time for Halloween, LACMA will screen six ghoulish classics back-to-back, all starring Burton idol Vincent Price, in honor of the star’s centenary. Starts at 1 pm.
The museum will open for extended hours on Sunday, October 30 (all night) and on Monday, October 31 (until midnight).
Parking will be free after 7 pm on Sunday, through 7 am on Monday, and again from 7 pm Monday through midnight.
Website: Click here