Looking for a family-friendly way to enjoy Halloween? Knotts Berry Farm has taken its annual Camp Spook festival and expanded it into Knotts Spooky Farm, a park-wide daytime event aimed at children ages 3 through 11. Hollywood Gothique checked out the debut on Saturday, October 3 - a rare journey during the day for us - and filed this video.
Knott's Spooky Farm is definitely a non-scare event, but the Halloween ambiance is very much in evidence; in fact, sunlight enables appreciation of decor often hidden by shadows and fog during the nighttime Knotts Berry Farm Halloween Haunt, which begins at 7pm, after Knotts Spooky Farm closes. Interestingly, the Knotts Scary Farm attractions are well-hidden during the day, so park visitors are not hit with an in-your-face message about the great stuff they are missing.
We should also note that the Camp Snoopy Costume contest is a joy, thanks to an on-stage host who recognizes characters from every conceivable genre and has a quip ready for each and every one; not every comment is memorable bon mot, but his rapid-fire approach was truly remarkable, filled as it was not just with puns and wisecracks but with knowing references to relevant trivia. How he can keep all those Disney princess straight is a mystery to us.
Knott’s Spooky Farm continues on Saturdays and Sundays throughout October, including Halloween day, during regular daytime hours: 10am to 5:30pm (some Halloween activities cease at 4pm). There is no extra charge for Knott's Spooky Farm. Check the official website for more information: www.knotts.com.
More in this series:
- Knott's Spooky Farm to debut for Halloween 2015
- Knotts Scary Farm 2015 preview videos
- Knott's Berry Farm previews 2015 Halloween Haunt attractions
- L.A. Times quantifies Paranormal Inc. maze at Knott's
- Special Ops Infected: Patient Zero promo video
- Knotts Scary Farm 2015 review
- Photo Gallery: Knott's Spooky Farm 2015 debut
- Video: Knott's Spooky Farm 2015
- Knott's Scary Farm: Elvira marries 2 people (to each other, not to herself)