Part 2 of Hollywood Gothique’s panel on unique Halloween locations features Guillermo Avilez-Rodriquez, discussing Voices of Pioneer Cemetery – a theatrical-historical performance piece staged in a real graveyard in Sylmar. Actors portray the ghosts of the cemetery’s permanent residents, who rise from the dead to relate their histories (based on the trues stories of those buried there). There are no jump-scares, but there is lots of atmosphere, and there is an education-historical aspect as well.
The event is a fundraiser for the San Fernando Valley Historical Society. Voices of Pioneer Cemetery will not be in operation this Halloween, but you can donate to the non-profit organization here.
More in this series:
- ScareLA 2014
- Hollywood Gothique's Unique Halloween Event Locations Panel at Scare LA on Saturday
- ScareLA 2014 photos
- Video: Heritage Square Museum at ScareLA 2014
- Video: Voices of Pioneer Cemetery at Scare LA 2014
- Video: Queen Mary Dark Harbor at ScareLA 2014
- Unique Halloween Locations at ScareLA 2014