- Event Date & Time: "Wicked Day" promoting the return of "Wicked" to Los Angeles
- Location: Universal CityWalk, Universal City, California, plaza in front of
- In Person: composer-lyricist Stephen Schwartz, author Winnie Holzman
WICKED, the Broadway musical based on the Gregory Maguire novel that purports to tell the back story of what happened in the Land of Oz before Dorothy arrived, is returning to Los Angeles. (We reviewed its 2005 appearance at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood here.) To promote the return, there will be a "Wicked Day" held at Universal City on Monday, October 30, from 11:30am to 1:30pm.
Activies will include:
- Announcment of the WICKED cast for the L.A. show.
- "Be WICKED" singing contest
- WICKED costume contest
- WICKED games
- face painting
- Autograph Opportunities
- Entrance to the event is free. Parking at Universal is a bit expensive, but free parking will be provided to the first 1,000 cars entering the lot before noon (tell the workers in the kioasks that you're going to "Wicked Day").
After the Los Angeles cast is revealed, they will perform songs from the show. Also on hand will be songwriter Stephen Schwartz, author Winnie Holzman, and producers Marc Platt and David Stone.
Along with WICKED merchandise, tickets for the Los Angeles production will be on sale at the event. Prices range from $25 to $88. Begining on February 9, 2007, at the Pantages Theatre in Hollywood, performances are scheduled for Tuesday through Saturday evenings at 8 PM; Saturdays at 2 PM; and Sundays at 1 PM and 6:30 PM. Tickets go on sale Sunday, October 29 (the day prior to WICKED DAY). Call 213-365-3500 or 714-740-7878; parties of fifteen or more can call for group discounts 866-755-3075. Tickets are available in person at the Pantages Theatre Box Office and at Ticketmaster outlets. You can also purchase tickets online at Fandango.com.