Castle Dark Theme Park Haunt
Hollywood Gothique Says:
Castle Dark’s doesn’t have the production values and elaborate mazes of more famous Halloween theme parks, but the interactivity and performance of the free-roaming monsters in the scare zones has become quite impressive.
3500 Polk Street
Riverside, CA 92505
- Cinema of Fear – An abandoned theater where the terror is real.
- Night Shift – You are a security guard in toy factory where something isn’t right.
- Haunted Highway – Our first ever haunted ride. Take a ride if you dare.
- Slider Alley – Dead cowboys revive to slide in for a slash.
- Shipwreck Cove – Set sail into your fears in the depths of the sea.
- Camino de los Muertos – A UV-lit street among the walking dead.
Dates & Hours: Fridays, Saturdays & Sundays from September 22 to October 29 during regular business hours: 1-9pm. Park hours are subject to change; hours of operation for attractions may vary, so check before purchasing tickets.
Tickets: $19.99 for presale discount or for purchases of four or more tickets. $34.99 regular online price. $39.999 at the gate.
Castle Dark Articles
Learn more in the Castle Dark Archive:
Castle Dark Info
During October, the family-friendly Castle Park transforms into Castle Dark on weekends. After the sun goes down, terror arrives, courtesy of mazes, monsters, and revamped rides, and the Ghost Blasters shooter game. Castle Dark is recommended only for children 13 and over. Though the scares are less intense than those in the Southland’s other Halloween Theme Parks, Castle Dark has been improving the interactivity of the free-roaming ghouls haunting its scare zones.
Castle Park also presents Happy Hauntings on Saturday and Sunday afternoons in October. Park opens at noon; Halloween activities run 3-5pm, including costume contests, pumpkin carving, a House of Halloween maze, and interactive trick-or-treating for kids 12 and under. Included with regular admission.
Castle Dark Photo Gallery