Old Town Music Haunt
During October, Old Town Music Hall turns into Old Town Music Haunt, offering month-long festival of Halloween Horror Movie Screenings with an emphasis on black-and-white classics, including silent films; the schedule heavily favors Universal horror movies from the 1930s and 1940s. The main feature is preceded by live music played on the venue’s Mighty Wurlitzer pipe organ, an audience sing-along, and a comedy short. Silent films feature live accompaniment.
Old Town Music Hall screens classic films year round, occasionally mixing in fantasy and science fiction titles.
Old Town Music Hall
140 Richmond Street
- Whatever Happened to Baby Jane/The Haunting on September 30 at 2:30 & 7pm
- Faust/The Shining on October 1 at 2:30pm & 7pm
- Invasion of the Body Snatchers (1956)/Rosembary’s Baby pm October 7 at 2:30 & 7pm
- The Cabinet of Dr. Caligari on October 8 at 2:30pm
- The Wolf Man/An American Werewolf in London on October 14 at 2:30 & 7pm
- The Mummy (1932)/Psycho (1960) on October 15 at 2:30pm & 7pm
- Abbott and Costello Meet Frankenstein/Frankenstein (1931) on October 21 at 2:30pm & 7pm
- Young Frankenstein on October 22 at 2:30pm & 7pm
- Dracula (1931) on October 28 at 2:30pm & 7pm
- The Phantom of the Opera (1925) on October 29 at 2:30pm & 7pm
Tickets: $10-12 for sound films, $20 for silent films with live musical accompaniment.
Old Town Music Haunt Information
Every Halloween, Old Town Music Hall transforms into Old Town Music Haunt. Programming in October consists mostly of classic black-and-white horror movies, including some cult films of later vintage. Most programming is family-friendly, but some films may to too intense for younger viewers. Silent films are accompanied by live music performed on the theatre’s massive Wurlitzer organ, which literally includes all the bells and whistles.
Old Town Music Hall sometimes include genre programming during the rest of the year, usually more science fiction than horror-oriented. For a time, there was a monthly Sci-Fi Tuesday.
Old Town Music Hall Archive
Check out past articles about Old Town Music Haunt and other events at Old Town Music Hall…