2022 Update: This Halloween, Street Food Cinema presents an indoor immersive event titled Slasher Cinema at the Million Dollar Theatre in downtown Los Angeles. There will be two installments: “Totally ’80s,” featuring A Nightmare on Elm Street, and “That’s So ’90s,” featuring Scream. As with their 2019 presentation, Cinema Phantasmagoria, there will be costumed characters in the theatre and a spooky behind-the-scenes walkthrough. In addition, there will be several outdoor screenings.
- Totally ’80s: A Nightmare on Elm Street at the Million Dollar Theater on October 22.
- That’s So ’90s: Scream at the Million Dollar Theatre on October 29.
Outdoor Screenings: All outdoor events start at 5:30pm.
- October 1: Hocus Pocus at Westdrift Golf Course
- October 8: Twilight at Veterans Memorial Park; Beetlejuice at the Autry Museum
- October 15: The Nightmare Before Christmas at Will Rogers State Historical park
- October 29: Psycho at LA State Historic Park
Street Food Cinema Halloween Screenings Information
As its name suggests, Street Food Cinema screens movies outdoors. Their year-round programming includes some genre titles, but things definitely take a turn toward terror every October, with horror films screened in several locations around town: Victory Park in Pasadena, Will Rogers State Historic Park in Pacific Palisades, etc.
For Halloween 2019, Street Food Cinema introduced a new Halloween Cinema Event, Cinema Phantasmagoria, a sort of immersive experience inside the Million Dollar Theatre, with costumed actors transporting guests back into the 1920s (reviewed here). Unfortunately, the 2020 pandemic lockdown prevented a follow-up event that year. Street Cinema resurrected the basic approach in 2022, offering two installments of Slasher Cinema, also at the Million Dollar Theatre.
For more information, including screening locations, visit Street Food Cinema’s website.
Street Food Cinema Articles
Check out our coverage of past Street Food Cinema events…