414 Rose Avenue, Venice, California
2015 Dates: None
This entertaining and popular yard haunt, with a brief but effective walk-through maze, entertained Venice trick-or-treaters for many years before going dark in 2014. With the properieter’s decision not to resurrect the Halloween attraction for 2015, we have moved our listing into the Graveyard of Lost Halloween Haunts.
- Halloween 2013: Recommendations for October 30-31
- Eternal Rest Cemetery 2013
- 2012 Halloween Recommendations: Best Los Angeles Yard Haunts
- Eternal Rest Cemetery 2012
- Halloween 2012 Tidbits: haunted shacks and cemeteries but no Nightmare at Scareview
- Halloween Yard Haunt Odyssey 2011: Restless Spirits, Eternal Rest, The Dark Side & Mishap Manor
- Eternal Rest Cemetery 2011
- 2010 Halloween Haunt Odyssey: Westside Terrors
- Halloween Haunt Odyssey 2009: House of Restless Spirits & Eternal Rest Cemetery
This annual yard haunt was quite the attraction in Venice, drawing crowds of costumed fans who lined up on the sidewalk and down the block on Halloween night. The compact front yard was filled with decorations (store-bought), and there was a claustrophobic walk-through around the side of the house; the cramped corridor, with its by tight turns, left you no room to evade the creatures lurking within. It took only a few minutes to manuever through its confines, but it was very effective, with scares too intense for younger children.