Formless Terror Flashing in the Dark
Hollywood Gothique Says:
1 – Avoid
2 – Not recommended but not all bad
3 – Recommended
4 – Highly Recommended
5 – Must See
You may think you have experienced every type of fright that Halloween has to offer, but you haven’t – not until you take this disturbing Tour of Terror. Urban Death will send a skeletal finger tracing a ticklish path down your spine, raising the hairs one by one. Shivers, more than screams, await you in this haunted theatre, which provides a truly distinctive horror experience: fragmentary glimpses of images too horrible to comprehend, too brief to be understood, followed by a darkness inhabited by formless shadows that you hope exist only in your imagination.
Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre
4850 Lankershim Boulevard
North Hollywood, California 91601
2023 Update: This year, Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre will present multiple shows during the Halloween Season: Urban Death Tour of Terror and Cabaret Macabre Halloween, Halloween Radio Spectacular. Also, Worst Ever productions will present Halloween After Dark and Halloween Radio Spectacular.
Dates & Hours:
- Urban Death: Fridays & Saturdays in October, plus Sunday, October 29, Monday October 30 & Halloween Night. Showtimes at 7pm, 8pm, 9pm, 10pm & 11:30pm (no 7pm show on Fridays). $22 in advance, $27 at the door.
- Cinema Macabre Halloween: September 29-30, then Sundays & Mondays through October 23, starting at 8:30pm nightly.
- Halloween Radio Spectacular: Wednesdays, October 11, 18 & 25 at 8pm & 10pm.
- Halloween After Dark: Thursdays, October 12, 19 & 26 at 8pm & 10pm.
- DARK A.S.M.R. This live ASMR experience, conceived & performed by V Cate, runs on Tuesdays on October 17 & 24 at at 9pm and on October 31st at 2pm. $20 in advance, $25 at the door.
Note: Advertisements have been disabled on this page due to the “shocking” content contained here. If you would like to preserve pages like this, uncensored and ad-free, please consider making a donation by clicking here.
Urban Death Tour of Terror General Information
Making its debut in 2013, this new Halloween attraction is is part walk-through maze, part performance art – including a fifteen-minute series of disturbing blackout vignettes. Urban Death: Tour of Terror features minimal production values (basically a black, empty stage) but, like a martial arts master, turns this weakness into strength by using performances, punctuated by light and shadow, to create stark, indelible images that sink into the brain. The result is fairly far removed from most Halloween haunts, and thrill-seekers expecting more high-adrenalin scares may be disappointed. But connoisseurs of terror should be delighted by the opportunity to savor this distinctive blend of shivers.
There is plenty of street parking at the location, but allow five minutes for seating. No food or drink allowed inside.
Urban Death Tour of Terror Articles
Find reviews & articles about Urban Death & other shows at Zombie Joe’s Underground Theatre:
Urban Death Tour of Terror Photo Gallery