Street Food Cinema has a creepy casket-full of Halloween screenings scheduled for October 2015, including The Addams Family, A Nightmare on Elm Street, and Shaun of the Dead.
Street Food Cinema screens films at outdoor venues around Los Angeles, with food vendors on sight and live music before the movies. Many of the locations are dog-friendly; visitors can come early and walk the pooch while shopping at food booths and trucks.
Tickets are $20 for reserved adult seating ($17 in advance); $15 for general adult seating ($12 in advance). Children from 6 to 12 are $11 for reserved seating and $6 for general seating. Children under 5 are free.
The scheduled horror and science fiction films are listed below. Showtimes vary according to location, so check out the Street Food Cinema website for more information, including the names of vendors and live musical acts.
- October 3: The Addams Family (1991) at Victory Park in Pasadena
- October 17: Back to the Future and Back to the Future II at Victory Park in Pasadena
- October 24: A Nightmare on Elm Street (1984) at Will Rogers State Part in Pacific Palisades
- October 24: The Lost Boys (1987) at Westchester Park in Playa Vista
- October 31: Shaun of the Dead (2004) at Exposition Park in Los Angeles
Street Food Cinema operates year-round, often with a mix of fantasy films, mystery movies, horror-thrillers, and sci-fi cinema even during non-Halloween months. In fact, their next upcoming genre film event is a screening of Ghostbusters on September 26 at the Marriott Golf Course in Manhattan Beach.